Spider Veins - Causes, signs and treatment
Do you want to know what spider veins are? Well, the spider veins are a group of veins that appear on the skin and are close the upper surface. The shape of these veins is like a spider web or tree branches which are why they are known as the spider veins. The color of these veins is red or blue. The veins can develop at any part of the body but the main areas where they are commonly seen are the legs and face. Moreover, the spider veins are sometimes located with the varicose veins. The condition is quite common for the people over the age of 50.
Signs and symptoms of spider veins
- An uncomfortable feeling on the affected area
- Restless legs
- Itching at the area around the veins
- Skin ulcers
The color of these veins can be blue, red and purple. However, if you observe the following things on your skin, you need to consult an expert as soon as possible:
- Tender or warm veins
- When veins causes pain
- If some kind of sores or rashes or ulcers
- Skin or the calf is changing color
- If the veins bleed
Causes of spider veins:
- Heredity i.e. if they are in the family history
- If a person has a history of blood clots
- If someone is taking birth control pills
- Due to hormonal changes that are at its peak in menopause or puberty.
- If someone has undergone a hormone replacement
- If someone is standing or sitting with a single posture for a longer period of time.
- Wearing a clothing or accessory that is too tight
- If someone is overweight.